Our client is a smaller privately held oil and gas company with operations in Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC. As part of their recent increase in activity they are looking for a consultant to join their team as a Production Revenue Accountant
consultant on a 6 month contract
. This has the potential to become a long term contract, or a permanent role in the future.
The Production Accountant
will be responsible for full cycle production and revenue accounting for operated and non-operated oil and gas properties. Experience working in Alberta along with either Saskatchewan or BC would be an asset.
Production Accountant job responsibilities include
Education and Experience required for success in this role:
- Process oil, condensate and gas splits – AB and potentially SK or BC
- Submission of Petrinex, Petrotranz and other government required filings.
- Enter monthly revenue and run royalty, fees and month end processes.
- Maintain master file, royalty and facility fee information in Metrix.
- Communicate with field operations and internal/external stakeholders as required.
- Continual examination of process improvements.
- Reconciliation of Accounts Receivables.
- Assist in projects as required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Production and Revenue Accounting role, along with a CAPPA certificate.
- Experience with Qbyte Metrix and Qbyte Optix is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, particularly pivot tables.
- Experience with Qbyte FM, CS Explorer and OpWorx would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team player who can work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are a positive, high energy Production Revenue Accountant looking for a change we would be happy to discuss this role with you in more detail. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We appreciate your interest in working with our team however only individuals selected to move forward in the process will be contacted for an interview.