We are excited to be working with the mid-sized oil and gas company who has built a positive and successful reputation in the Calgary energy market.
If you are a Marketing Accountant
who is looking for a change this may be the role for you. Working as part of a small team of professionals your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with marketing department along with counterparties to resolve discrepancies and prepare invoice settlements.
- Track and verify prepayments.
- Verify shippers' balances, production and sales volumes and pricing for oil products.
- Calculate and verify tariffs and equalizations.
- Calculate and report netback pricing for various marketing streams
- Liaise with Marketing, Reporting and Production Accounting to ensure transactions are accurately accounted for.
- Prepare cash report for monthly settlement and reconcile receivable accounts.
- Prepare and enter marketing accounting entries into Qbyte accounting system.
- Determine inventory valuation and ensure marketing activities are accounted for and reported appropriately.
- Prepare required materials for government reporting,management reporting and account reconciliations.
- Assist with CSOX and financial statement audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and corporate policies.
- Provide support on Energy Trading and Risk Management system user acceptance testing and implementation.
- Participate in various project work as the Marketing department activities expand.
Qualifications required for success in this role include:
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience along with a post secondary degree and/or a CPA designation.
- Ability to work through complex concepts, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- System experience including Qbyte and an Energy Trading & Risk Management system would be highly desirable along with experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
This employer offers a competitive base salary along with a strong benefits package. For more details on this role please submit your resume for immediate consideration. We thank all individuals for their interest in this role and will contact you shortly if we are able to move forward with an interview for this position.