We are currently looking for an experienced CPA to join our client's tax department as a Senior Tax Advisor
. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a group of high functioning, team-oriented individuals this might the perfect opportunity for you.
The primary responsibility of this role is to complete tax returns and income tax provisions, as well as managing audits, performing research and providing tax advice.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Review of Canadian tax provisions and analysis for external financial statements
- Prepare and review Canadian corporate income tax returns and related filings
- Prepare and review Canadian tax filings and compliance requirements for the organization's foreign investments
- Assist with CRA and other tax authority audits
- Lead and coordinate tax planning and reorganization initiatives
- Research and provide tax advice relating to business transactions and M&A activities
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements
- Provide leadership and assist in the development of more junior members of the team.
Qualifications required for success in this senior tax accountant role:
- CPA designation, along with a Business/Accounting degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate tax
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Program
- Must have an excellent understanding of income tax provisions.
- High level of understanding of the Canadian Corporate tax including the foreign tax regime
- Exceptional understanding of accounting for income tax under IFRS.
- Strongly team oriented individual who is able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
This client offers a hybrid work environment with a few days in the office and and three days working from your own home office.
If you are someone who has chosen tax as your preferred area of specialty for your career, and are looking for a change we encourage you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.