We are working with our client to assist in finding a new Controller
for their organization. The individual chosen for this role will join a small collaborative management team and will take over as the senior leader for all activities related to accounting and finance. Ideally as a part of this cohesive team you will have a strong general financial background, a good understanding of business, and be the type of individual who will thrive within an organization that is moving forward with their growth in different areas of real estate and land development.
Key responsibilities of this role include
Qualifications and key attributes for success required
- Manage all aspects of the accounting and financial reporting for a real estate, land development, and private equity investment group.
- Ensure financial accounting policies and internal controls are present, establishing new guidelines as required for efficiency and company policy.
- Development of financial strategies, benchmarks and KPI’s.
- Key contributions to assist with financial analysis and management reporting to aid in the decision-making process.
- Assist in the development of strong internal controls.Primary contact with external auditors.
- Oversight and preparation of monthly operating reports for various departments and business lines.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience (real estate and land development) along with a strong technical accounting and financial background.
- Educational experience must include a CPA designation. Higher education including an MBA would be an asset.
- This is a multi-disciplinary role but the Controller will have a budget-focused mindset, and will take a leadership role in decision making that affects the company’s bottom line success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for this role.The ability to contribute ideas in a collaborative, entrepreneurial team environment.
- As a small organization all team members contribute in many ways so the Controller will be comfortable in a role where you contribute in many ways to the success of the team as a whole.
Note: This role will work on-site in an office located in Calgary.
The current Controller will be assisting with the process to find the right individual to assume this role. There will be a good transition period between the current and newly appointed Controller.
If you are looking for a change and have the right attitude to be successful in a small, fast-paced, highly successful organization we would like to discuss the role with you in more detail. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration. You will be contacted if we are able to move forward in the process with you. Thank you for your interest in working with Meritas Recruiting.