Our Calgary-based Oil & Gas client is seeking an External Financial Reporting Accountant for a 1 year contract
. The successful candidate for this role will have experience with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting. The Financial Reporting Accountant will also be involved in working on projects that require a solid background in research, implementation of new reporting standards, and be capable of working with senior level management in providing information that assists in their decision making processes.
Key responsibilities of this Financial Accountant role will include:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial accounting journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual external financial statements and disclosures
- Account balance reconciliations
- Assist with ETSMA filings
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly MD&A and related documentation
- Work with the external auditors as required
- Participate in the implementation and testing of financial system changes
- Research new and evolving financial reporting guidelines and assess the effects on the organization’s reporting requirements
This role will involve monthly reporting as well as ongoing participation in a variety of projects. The ideal individual for this role will enjoy a good variety of work on an ongoing basis and be comfortable managing multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
Background Experience and Qualifications of the Financial Accountant include:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation CPA
- 3-5 years' of post designation experience including exposure to accounting or audits.
- Experience with IFRS and public company financial reporting.
- Oil & Gas public company reporting experience an asset.
- Qbyte experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both written and verbal communications.This position requires an individual who can work on their own but has the ability to develop strong relationships with individuals in other departments in the organization as well as working with individuals external to the company.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining their strong attention to detail.
This organization is known for its team oriented, collaborative nature. If you have the above-mentioned skills and would be interested in learning more about this Financial Accountant opportunity please submit your resume for immediate consideration. Thank you for your interest in working with Meritas Recruiting.