Are you an enthusiastic MS BI Developer
who thrives on creating solutions for clients that really have an impact on how they do their jobs?
Are you excited by:
- new technologies?
- finding ways to deliver solutions that make your client’s life easier?
- being part of a successful, cohesive team that pitches in and pulls together?
- being given opportunities that are challenging and stretch your capabilities?
If so, you should consider a career with this successful, well established, go-to company
that specializes in turning data into usable, relevant information for their clients, most of whom are in the Energy Sector.
In this hands-on, technical BI Developer role, you will work with the leading edge MS BI tools.
Ideal Background of the BI Developer Includes:
Recent Technical Experience with:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) (MDX and Tabular)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Power BI
- Power Apps
- Azure deployments (nice-to-have)
Soft Skills of the BI Developer Include:
- Business analytics focusing on the effective use of data and information to drive positive business actions. This area includes concepts of performance management, definition and delivery of business metrics, data visualization, and deployment and use of technology solutions such as dashboards, scorecards and analytic applications
- Data analysis concentrating on the understanding of business requirements with respect to data and information
- Data design focusing on translating business information into data structures with core skills to include information needs analysis, specification of business metrics, and data modeling
• Understand how to build and maintain positive client and peer relationships
• Keen desire to understand the business drivers/processes behind the data
• Demonstrated capabilities in evaluating new techniques and utilizing the appropriate elements
• Establish confidence in your ability to manage tasks, issues, priorities and interdependencies
• Effectively communicate at a business as well as a technical level
• Excellent team work skills are critical
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who can work under dynamic conditions and within deadlines. Our client is ideally seeking Calgary-based candidates
but may consider exceptional BI Developer candidates based in Western Canada.
Interested? Please apply via our website www.meritasrecruiting.com.